Friday, November 10, 2006

Columbia affiliates Google search

I just made a Google search engine that searches just the Barnard, Columbia, and Teacher's College sites.

I thought it might be a good collection development tool.

e.g. I wasn't sure whether or not to buy a new American Sign Language dictionary and wanted to see if "sign language" appears often on CU affiliate pages. It did, but not much on Barnard pages. It seems that it's more relevant to TC curriculum than anyone else's, so I won't order the book.

Let me know your thoughts on whether TC should be in the search, or if it's only a distraction for Barnard search purposes.

And here is another one for all of the different Barnard sites (bc.barnard.columbia, barnard.columbia, and just regular barnard).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?